Saturday, March 12, 2011

4x4 Graphic 45 Once Upon a Springtime page

This is my submission for a page swap for thescrapbeach.ning site.  Our host - Elisa - wanted us to create six 4x4 pages (send 5 and keep 1) using Graphic 45 Once Upon a Springtime collection.  The skies the limit was stated; plus the page needed a tag, pocket, and 2 embellishments.  This was my first time doing a swap; so keep your fingers cross with me that it goes over well.

 

I created a faux book (i.e. inspiration acquired from a norwegian crafter) for my page submission called April Showers.  Even the spine has the title and author (me).  The back has a upc proof of purchase label (ha ha) Each book has a different fairy with glittered wings.  The page/umbrella is misted with "rain droplets".  The yellow umbrella (i.e. a drink umbrella - lol) is glittered and wrapped with a ribbon.  On the side is a charm I made.


 
I wanted to capture springtime but how do you do that.  The "inside pages" called Bring May Flowers is a vignette of spring.  The left page is a shadow box with (3d decoupaged/paper toled) flowers being pollenated by bees and visited by ladybugs, butterfly and dragonflies. Added a hint of rain droplets on this page as well.  On the right, I captured spring with a net with fairies frolicking in the background.  The flowered tag can house a small picture and there is room for journaling at the back.  All 5 pages are the same with some variations.



The gemstone dragonflies coordinate with the butterflies in the net.  See the remainder 3 in the slide show above.  Below is a thank you card I made for the host of the swap.





If you look closely, you will see a small butterly in a glass dome.  I made it from a baby shower rattle favor I got at the dollar store.  My rendition of a butterfly conservatory (I'm such a cornball ;-p ha ha ha haaaaaaa).

Well, that's all folks.  TFL.  What do you think?  How can I improve on it?  I don't mind, keep it real.  Please comment, share, and like.  

Thanks.  TTYL :~)
J