Monday, May 16, 2011

Steampunk Debutante Autograph Book

June is around the corner and graduation is looming.  So, I had to create something for 2 graduating students.  What else is appropriate but autograph books; and of course doing it with such nice papers as G45's Once Upon a Springtime (Springtime autographs) and Steampunk Debutante was inspiring.

These are not typical autograph books.  I wanted something you can present to the intended receipient so they can complete and then return to the graduate.

In the Steampunk autograph book (check video) called Book of Adieu, there are 18 envelopes containing a keep in touch tag assortment.  Inspiration was taken from many places.  Laura Denison demonstrated an accordion pocket binding that I used to house the envelopes; 7 Gypsies' 97% complete universal tag lend the idea to create a funny tag to express ones thoughts; and American Express "My Card My Life" print ad, instigated a questionnaire to get an insight of the individual.

Now without further adieu, here are the 18 pages with various closing mechanisms.

slide and swivel closures

swivel and magnetic
 
tuck and clip
 
tuck and hitch
 

slip-in and swivel tuck
 
shackle/pin and free
 
magnetic and free
 
slide and magnetic
 
swivel and photo anchor
 
The cover was kept simple because it will be handled a lot.  Added a complementary charm that was showcased in the Steampunk & Silverpunk blog.
 
As for the tag assortment, it was along my digital passions.  Desktop publishing is my thing and will be incorporated into more of my creations.
   

Well, this is it.  I hope you like it.  What do you think?  How can I improve on it?  I don't mind, keep it real.  Please comment, share, and like.

Thanks.  TTYL :~)
J

2 comments:

flirtini83 said...

Hello, this is so great. what a wonderful idea. i really like the whole concept. i can't believe you don't have a ton of comments. I'm not one to comment much, but I thought this was well thought out and new and interesting and a great way to KeepInTouch. Gonna scraplift this. thanks so much for sharing. Did you every post a PDF of the cards?

Janice said...

I should post that. Gotta work it out somehow. LOL