Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Grunge Invites


I had to create some invitations for a friend.  Decided to make some mixed media grunge tag invites.  That was a mouthful.

Used 6 different color cardstock, various stamps and inks, printouts, Tim Holtz's clock embossing folder, punchouts, stickers, tattoos, and washers.  They look very distressed.  As you peruse the pics below, though they are basically similar, you will find little nuances in each.

The filigree punchout gave me many options.  I could keep it as is or slice it up.  Depending on where you cut the design that arose was interesting.

As you can see, you can tell the difference between sticker and tattoo.  It was a challenge making the tattoos stick on the textured surface.  It was worth it though because it gave the tag a different look.

The "M" is a printout that I manipulated in Inkscape so that I can size it without making it pixelated.  Then I diecut it using a Spellbinders nestabilities dies.


The clock stamp is no other than Mr. Tim Holtz's stamp.  I used the filigree punchout as a mask to get a ghost effect in the clock.

I don't believe I forgot the gear-like washers that I added to the tag.  Since I used Timmy's clock embossing folder, I figured I had to use some gears as well.  Thanks to Home Depot and their bags of various size washers that are under a $1 and have 12-25 items in each.


Now for the black tags, I used a silver metallic ink to distress it.  I couldn't use the sticker, so I had to diecut some swirls from a glittered cardstock.

Well, I hope you liked.  Will post the other pics in part 2.  What do you think?  How can I improve on it?  I don't mind, keep it real.  Please comment, share, and like.

Thanks.  TTYL :~)
J

No comments: